Good Pitch is an invitation-only event starting with an intensive two-day campaign development workshop, followed by the day-long live event. This process covers a four-day period.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN 2013?
We have two flagship events planned for 2013, taking place in New York and Europe.
Good Pitch New York: April 30th 2013 Applications open: December 6th 2012 THE CALL FOR ENTRIES HAS NOW CLOSED
Good Pitch Europe: June 7th 2013 Applications open: December 6th 2012 THE CALL FOR ENTRIES HAS NOW CLOSED
YOU’RE A FILMMAKER?
If you’re a filmmaker and you’d like to present your documentary project at one of the flagship Good Pitches, carry on reading for guidance on what we are looking for, what we offer and what we expect in return.
THEM’S THE RULES
- We’re looking for documentary film projects which tackle important global and national issues and enhance our understanding of the world.
- We look for projects at any stage from early production to completion; rough cut stage is ideal. The call is open to projects looking for completion funding, outreach funding, campaigning networks or a combination of these.
- Your finished film must be 60+ minutes in length.
- You must submit a trailer or key sequence of no more than 10 minutes by 4pm UK time on the closing date of each call to be eligible for Good Pitch 2013. You can upload your material after you’ve submitted your written application, as long as it is before the closing date & time.
- You must also record and upload a 2-minute video of yourself, telling us why you want to make this film and what want it to achieve. The video can be very rough and ready - recorded on a flipcam, iphone, on your computer, whatever. It’s not production values we are after, we just want to see you and hear what you’ve got to say. Easy!
- You can only apply for Good Pitch if you have outreach or audience engagement plans for your film. Your outreach campaign can take any form, with any ultimate goal.
- In order to finalise our selection, we enlist some external reviewers who have experience in the field of using films for social impact. You will need to confirm you are happy for your project to be viewed by external parties.
We have redesigned our application so that you can apply for two events with just one form. Neat!
You should decide which city is appropriate for your project. Where are your potential partners based and where do you hope to undertake your outreach? Travel and accommodation is the responsibility of filmmakers, so you should also consider where you can afford to get yourself to.
Please only apply for a city which is a realistic fit for your project and budget.
AND IF YOU’RE SELECTED…?
If you are selected, then we will work for you and your film for a 3 month period, completely gratis. In this time we will collaborate with you to identify the best partners, funders and advocates for your project from across society. Once identified, we will work like trojans to get them to the live event.
In return we need both members of your pitch team to attend the two-day campaign development workshop and Pitch day - this takes place over a four-day period and is at your own expense.
If your project is selected to pitch and you are still in production, we ask you acknowledge our work by including ‘with thanks to the Good Pitch’ in the closing credits of the completed film.